Methodological and pedagogical center in Prešov (MPC) is pursuant to § 14, sub.2, lett. C) Act of National Council of Slovak Republic from Code of Law about state administration in education and educational self administration centrally administered organization of Ministry of Education of the Slovak republic. Its task is an execution of methodological activities as well as further education of pedagogical and non-pedagogical staff. In its competence there are schools and school establishments under the local administration of cities, villages, regions and also Regional School Councils for the regions of Prešov and Košice.
- provides further education of pedagogical and non- pedagogical staff
- guarantees expert methodological activities in the field of further education of pedagogical and non- pedagogical staff
- carries out research in the field in the field of further education of pedagogical and non- pedagogical staff
- under commission of Slovak Ministry of Education it executes other competencies for whole Slovakia:
– in the field of Roma issues
– in the field of further education of teachers for minorities
The part of MPC is the Roma educational, information, documentative, advisory and consultatory center – ROCEPO for the region of whole Slovakia which aims at taking account of specific needs and conditions of Roma minority by means and with the help of teachers at schools with great number of Roma children.